Below are some tips to help you get started:
- Choose your moving day carefully and avoid moving around peak periods if possible. The first two days and the last two days of the month are the crunch periods when everyone wants to move.
- Ensure that you have booked a service elevator in advance.
- Before you start packing, you will need to have different sizes of boxes, packing tape, wardrobe boxes, wrapping paper, tissue paper, zip lock bags, markers and scissors.
- Make sure to begin packing well ahead of the move.
- Try to concentrate on one room at a time and label each box by room and item.
- Wrap all your fragile items in bubble wrap or tissue paper.
- Don’t tape wooden drawers closed as it may
damage the finish of your furniture.
- Make sure boxes are not too heavy.
- Pack heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on the top.
- When furniture is too bulky or heavy to move in one piece, you will need to dissassemble, and put all
the bolts and nuts in a plastic bag and attach to the furniture.
- Carpets and rugs should be rolled up and secured with tape.
- Defrost refrigerator and freezer.
- We recommend servicing of your washing machine, dryer, refrigerator and stove by a licensed professional before they are moved.
- Fasten and tape lids to liquids, seal in a plastic bag and place upright in a carton.
- Don’t forget to dispose of gasoline and oil from lawnmowers and other machinery.
- Don’t pack flammable items.
- When disassembling your beds, use tape to bind
the frames together.
- Clearly mark fragile items.
- Important documents, jewelery, money, artwork, and home videos should be packed seperately and carried by you.